Wednesday, April 30, 2014

My last day in Istanbul

I am waiting for a shuttle bus to pick me up and drop off at the airport. It's time I went back to work after a long holiday. I look at Istanbul as a charming tourist city that I will never forget. The people,  the cats, the mosques and all of those walking alleys one after another. Promise to myself I shall get back here again.

I have spent just a short time here, so I propably know Istanbul only a particular aspect. However, my experience in walking has been much improved. On top of that, if you are comng to visit the place, be expecting a queue, I mean the long queue when you want to in a place. It's incredible how people are that tolerate, even in the rain. Trust me, you have to be well prepared as great amount of patience is incredibly required. There are many interesting places to see especially the top view of Gullata tower where you can almost view all around Istanbul. The mosques are magnificient wherever they are located. Turkish people are lovely and kind. They are willing to help no matter what when and how. I was so impressed from the first day I arrived when we are looking for the way to our hotel. Well, you have to come and find out by yourself. And hopefully, you will fall in love with the charming city, just like me.

BTW, if you are a girl, be ready to meet a good looking Turkish guys. Nevertheless, be certain not to fall for him. Most of men here are handsome, believe me, you will surely find nine out of ten passing by guys your type. Girls? They keep most of them at home because all working labours are men as far as I can see and have been told. Still, you can see some girls dressing fashionably on streets. So, this might not be justified, only my personal opinion.

Just a brief notice about traffic. Previously, I thought Bangkok is the worst but I suddenly changed my mind when encountered traffic style in Istanbul. Well, it's unlikely to be a problem actually, as I haven't seen any serous accident, neither did I see any police around. This only refers to buses and cars but for the trams I have to admit that I love it! I used trams a lot to move around. Metro? There are many but I just tried once from airport to the tiurist area. I think they should be good too as many lines are linked around old city and  new city but for connecting Asia side ferry is a choice.

You can see the diversity of Istanbul and now it's time to go explore it!

No comments:

Post a Comment